Troubled Asset Management
and Repositioning Service
In response to broad trends in the real estate industry and changes in economic conditions, Appleton Corporation and its parent company, the O'Connell Companies, Inc., offer integrated REO, Troubled Asset Management and Repositioning Services for real estate lenders, investors, investment groups, and developers.
Our experience and expertise in developing and managing a myriad of property types uniquely positions us to provide clients with a range of integrated services, among them a strength, weaknesses, opportunity and threat (SWOT) analysis for each property, and an initial assessment of expected recovery values and timeline.
Our core capabilities include:
- Property and project management
- Construction completion
- Nonperforming loan review and asset management
- Managing distressed property on limited funds
- Deferred maintenance
- Assessment of holding costs
- Asset, financial and collateral analysis
- Creation of action-oriented management plans
- Repositioning strategies
- Tenant issues and retention
- Lease review and CAM analysis
- Capital improvement planning
- Environmental remediation planning
- Brownfield strategies
- Green building and LEED strategies
- Construction loan workouts
- Incomplete projects advisory: whether or not to take real estate title
- Marketing and leasing of distressed properties in difficult times
- Forbearance agreements
- Settlement strategies
- Special issues associated with condominium projects
- Vendor management
- Market intelligence.
Appleton believes that early implementation of a strategic asset-management plan is often the best framework for repositioning under-performing properties.